Power in Praise

by - July 09, 2017



This week has got to be one of the most emotional rollercoaster rides I've ever experienced. It was tough. Curl into a fetal position and cry tough, but I managed and it's all thanks to praise. You see, I found hope, freedom, and peace in just praising God. Now, I don't think I'll ever be as good Job (I may or may have not complained a few times this past week), but now I understand just a tiny fraction of why Job praised God through all his hardships.


Through praise, I was able to change my perspective because I was counting my blessings. By praising Jesus you are actually showing gratitude for all the things He's done for you. Now, my worries didn't magically disappear, but I was able to fight back with songs of praise and prayer. I was able to keep them at bay with a heart that was full of gratitude and praise towards God.

The Bible highlights this in Philippians 4:6-7. Funny thing, I came across this verse several times this week which I took as a sign from God.
I'll be honest, it's not easy every time. Sometimes I don't even feel like saying, "Thank you, Jesus," because I'm full of doubt, worry, and I'm to focus on myself. As soon as I remember though and throw on some worship music, I find the peace I've been searching for in the depths of my fears.

To help you out, I'd like to share this little playlist I made. Check it out!

https://open.spotify.com/user/1239370990/playlist/4nLPdJ9Q3rpDLNqXvt6Zz2

You May Also Like

0 comments